
me on my commute
while i have been sick, yes, i have also been ok with avoiding humanity for a bit, and sitting with my thoughts. not returning phone calls, answering emails, or initiating contact. part of this is extreme disappointment and annoyance with some coworkers, making me want to just ignore all of humanity as much as possible this week since i must be surrounded by people all day at work, people who drain me, to be honest. I am learning confrontation and how to express myself and humility and all sorts of good things I suppose, but at the end of the day i just want peace and silence.
I am reading Love in the Time of Cholera, after finishing Old Man and the Sea, Captains Courageous, and Heaven is for Real. Since finishing my research two weeks ago I've read 4 books... reading this voraciously is like coming back to an old friend that i've abandoned and missed more than I knew. Love in the Time of Cholera is soooooo good. I read a paragraph and instantly, I am there, the imagery is so strong. If I could, i would sit and read it at the beach whilst eating strawberries all day tomorrow. le sigh.
anyway, I was just observing how sometimes I really want to be surrounded by people, and sometimes I just want to go away. It's like a pendulum. eh, i dunno.
word yo. word. i struggle with that all the time
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking how difficult it would be if I had kids, a family. You know, people you really, responsibly, can't get away from? I don't know how you make alone time, mel.
ReplyDelete