Welcome!
And, if you are reading this, it means you donated! So, thank you for donating. I hope this blog will be a perk of your donation. I intend to write in it several times a week, keeping it mostly related to my triathlon training, but some colorful anecdotes may weasel their way in. Funny things always seem to be happening to me, on me, or because of me, especially when I engage in activities that require coordination (like walking), perseverance (like deciding on ONE career or hobby), or athleticism (like walking).
I can't say I am very athletic, or come from an athletic family (ankle sprains and asthma are more likely)- but since high jump in 5th grade, running kind of became a major part of my life... and moving to a city required biking to also become a major part of my life... and swimming became necessary because I didn't want to drown. But those are stories for another post.
Where I am at right now- I just signed up yesterday to train for the June 12th triathlon in Elkhart, WI with TNT- Team in Training on the recommendation of my future sister-in-law, Whitney, who ran a couple marathons with them. To run a marathon is one of my life goals, but since moving to Chicago I have done massive amounts (and by that I mean tiny amounts) of biking, swimming, and running, so I figured as an homage to the city, I would run a triathlon here. I cannot describe how excited I am to begin this, and to accomplish something tangible and significant by June 12. If it goes well in Elkhart, I plan on doing the Chicago triathlon at the end of August. But first things first.
The kick-off meeting is this Thursday, so we'll see who the lucky folks are that get to train with me. This will be a daring adventure, which I will elaborate on later, and I am excited to take the next step. I hope you enjoy this blog, and thanks again for helping to cure cancer.
di
Yay! I'm excited! I am definitely coming on June 12!
ReplyDelete