Well, today I sent out the email that I have spent the past 3 days editing and re-editing, and had over 5 friends and family edit with me. And, of course, after adding 100+ email addresses... I send it, only to see that the spacing came out all weird and it reads as one giant paragraph. ugh.
I guess my first lesson in this endeavor is perfection is unattainable.
I debated about offering the painting of a leukemia cell as an incentive, as in why would someone want a picture of the very cell they had just donated a lot of money to eliminate? But, I think (as a medical illustrator) that cells can be quite beautiful, even the destructive ones. So we'll see...
Also, I am excited to send my thank-you notes, as I have a great idea and will be making them this weekend. Stay tuned.
I cannot begin to say how encouraging it is to see people already donating. To tell you the truth, this big of a commitment, with literally everyone I know as witness to my potential failure, and then the burden of raising so much money- all these things I have never attempted, is more than overwhelming. Every donation not only helps towards curing cancer, but goes a long way in lifting my spirits and doubling my resolve to accomplish this crazy endeavor.
The kick-off meeting is tonight. I look forward to meeting the people I might be training with, and getting more information about TNT.
di
Heidi, my spacing actually turned out fine.
ReplyDeletewhat? in the email, the spacing looked fine? really? weird.
ReplyDelete