December 30, 2011

strong bones humble bones

When I made this pot, I was thinking about bird's nests. Then I decided it would make a nice pot for my brother, who requested a small piece to put his spare change and other things from his pockets in. And then I forgot to give it to him for Christmas... eventually it will find it's way into his possession.

P1060492

Until then, I call it my Humble Pot, because it turned out so lopsided and rumbly, that it reminds me that I mess up. A lot. That sometimes, all is not well.

P1060490

I am looking forward to the new year- I've only set one goal for myself, and I am determined to see it through. I did well on last year's resolutions. It really is amazing what can be accomplished in a year...

ps. look at my cute nephew :)
P1060459

2 comments:

  1. great piece of pottery: form and function. AND eye-pleasing.

    i hear you on "one resolution"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! Yes, I need to limit myself when it comes to lists and resolutions... there is so much I COULD focus on, but I've recently learned one thing at a time is sometimes the fastest way to get anything accomplished.

    ReplyDelete