
1. I am going to start up my 365 project in earnest again tomorrow. promises.
2. I am also going to start running 5 days a week to train for the 9 mile run I signed up for in November. oy.
3. Other things starting this week: soccer and ceramics. These are all my favorite things! exciting!
4. I turn 29 in two weeks. Heavens.
5. September is just an awesome month all around.
6. I am going to do some deep thinking this weekend about my future. Thinking with the perspective of all my 29 years. I hope I find some answers, because this ambiguity and general overall displeasure with my career choice is draining me...
7. life can be incredibly hard.
8. I've stepped up this year and have confronted a lot of people when I normally would have just stewed a bit and let things slide. But I don't regret a single confrontation, and I think this is a lesson I want to remember.
9. I am insanely addicted to Parks and Rec right now.
10. I am reading The Road and it is so mesmerizing right now that I half believe I am living in a post- apocalyptic world.
11. I feel, with age, and life, that I am becoming more open and vulnerable to, well, everything, than I have ever been before, and it is only now that I dimly see how closed off I've been. A large part of this realization is from being around friends who are so open and loving it's hard not to want to be like them. And also, admittedly, from some people I've encountered lately who aren't open or loving, and the juxtaposition of the two exposes the failures in my character. ah, yes.
12. i really thought this list would be 3 points long.
13. my parents say to me frequently, "write more" and "do you always take life so seriously?" and my dad recently told me I should write an advice column. i found this all hilarious.
14. I need to gain control of my finances. I think I might need professional help. oy.
i love parks and rec!!
ReplyDeleteif I didn't have C i'd be inviting myself to your bday celebration :)